Believe it or not, systems are all around you.
You have a system for how you start your day. You have a system for how you brush your teeth. You have a system for how you buy groceries. You even have a system for how you get dressed or wind down at the end of a hard day. Those are personal systems, and some of them are also called habits.
There are also business systems.
Systems for on-boarding clients. Supporting clients. Systems for leadership, training and even Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) that guide every activity in a successful company. Great systems & processes often make the difference between successful and unsuccessful relationships.
But what I have noticed is most companies are usually busy “putting out fires”. Everything is an emergency. Rush, rush rush. That’s their system. It’s a crappy system but it’s still a system.
Most people run around like a headless chicken because they simply don’t know what the next step should be.
It wastes time.
It wastes money.
It wastes energy.
Worst of all, the inefficiency that comes from NOT having systems is one of the primary reasons people don’t get to spend as much time at home with their family, friends and loved ones, or simply enjoying their life. (For me, that’s being outside in nature.)
The main reasons so many businesses operate in this mode are:
- they simply don’t know any better,
- they grew faster than they expected and could not keep up,
- they are understaffed and everyone is doing 2, 3 or more jobs,
- they feel there isn’t enough time in the day to do the work, much less create systems,
- or, they just don’t know how to create a system because nobody ever showed them.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
After almost 30 years building systems, what I have come to believe is that 99% of all business (and life) problems can be solved by having better systems & automated processes.
I doubt many people would disagree.
After all, one of the most admired companies on the planet is more famous for their systems than their actual product. to me that speaks VOLUMES about the importance of systems in business. (You can probably picture the golden arches in your mind right now.)
Why should you listen to me?
Good question and I don’t blame you for asking. After all, look at that hair and beard…
… But before I started growing out my hair (to donate regularly to Wigs for Kids) and my beard (because it represents my new life after the widow-maker heart attack in 2014) I was “clean and polish Mr. Military and Corporate Guy” for about 20 years responsible for…
… see if you can guess it…
I built and managed systems in the US Air Force for almost 10 years. My job title was “Communication Computer Systems Control Specialist”, or Tech Controller for short. I lived, ate, slept and breathed systems every single day for those 10 years.
After that, I stepped into a senior management role with Bank of America and then EDS where I built and managed systems for another 10 years, responsible for global operations and (of course) systems. They are still using those same systems and processes today.
And, when I hung up my suit and tie in 1999, I started building and managing systems & automated processes as a trusted advisor to elite entrepreneurs, companies and politicians.
In total, I am honored to be a major part of helping hundreds of people and companies around the world enjoy more of their life while working less and growing their businesses faster than ever.
We achieved all of this through systems and automated processes.
I even earned the moniker “The SOB of SOP’s” when I was helping a financial management company in 2016.
The name fits well and I wear it proudly.
Some people believe systems aren’t sexy. I say try telling that to my clients.
I know this is getting a bit long, so let’s start wrapping things up…
- Spoken on hundreds of stages around the world teaching systems and processes
- Taught or mentored over 14,000 students worldwide
- Frequent consultant to top-level marketing meetings and masterminds including special Marketing Team to Visalus Sciencestm
- Special marketing team for Robert G. Allen (One Minute Millionaire) and Mark Victor Hansen (co-author Chicken Soup for the Soul)
- Co-developed the world’s first Text Autoresponder in 2008
- Governance Board Member – Direct Response Network
- Advisory Board Member – Global Medical Innovations
- Congressional marketing strategist and consultant
Why Do I Do All This?
When I’m not speaking on stage or putting together marketing campaigns for companies or politicians, I enjoy traveling and spending time outdoors with my beautiful wife Natalie. There is nothing better than being able to enjoy my life and my time with the people I love.
Plus, Every Month I Have an Outdoor Adventure
Nature refreshes my soul. Every month I plan an outdoor adventure to ground myself. Sometimes I go out for a single night, but preferably for 3 or more nights.
This is a picture from my hammock camping trip with Dave Canterbury and Bob Yeager in November 2017 where I introduced Dave to the PackGrill and then we baked bread over the fire in his bushpot. We also had a massive storm come through that night and nearly blow us all away. Good times.
Before Becoming an Entrepreneur…
From my nearly 10 years in the US Air Force to my 10 years as senior management in Bank of America and Safety Kleen, I have enjoyed quite an exciting technical career before finally hanging up my corporate tie in 2007.
- 10+ years mid/senior executive level management experience with Safety Kleen, then Bank of America and EDS where I was directly responsible for $12 Million in performance infrastructure, leading a global team, and personally grew the asset base from 1 client to well over 300 global and multi-million dollar per year client accounts within 5 years
- Corporate “Train the Trainer” Certified
- Six Sigma Blackbelt Certified
- Designed, built and managed global customer support help desks for the military and other corporate entities
- Cisco Certified Internet Engineer, Routing and Switching & Security tracks
- Microsoft Certified Professional (as a Mac user I cringe, but it’s true…)
- 10 years Network Communications and Systems Control team leader and management experience in U.S. Air Force
- Military career highlights include: multiple Achievement and Commendation awards, Airman of the quarter winner, class president at Leadership School, USAF Certified Expert Marksman
As you can see, I have been fortunate enough to contribute to this industry in a number of ways. With over 19 years and counting, I am confident in my methods and work ethic. I truly believe I have the most time-proven techniques, systems and processes in the marketing world today.
As for what’s next, I’m excited to continue to work 1-on-1 with high-level entrepreneurs and politicians on a very selective basis, plus I am open to partner with select companies to help you grow & scale.
And spend way more time outdoors and traveling with my wife. 😉
If you made it all the way down here to the bottom, I want you to know I appreciate you taking the time to read and learn more about me. If there is anything I can do to support you, please let me know.
Always got your back,